Sunday, January 11, 2009

Waxy crayons and poked out eyes?

So which is worse for a baby, eating crayons, or walking with sharpened pencils? I wonder this many times a day as I remove these items from Zachary's hands. He loves to eat crayons. I don't think he chews on them, but he puts the whole thing in his mouth and is VERY upset when I take them out. He also loves to walk (with frequent tumbles) while carrying as many pencils as can be found. I try desperately to have the children put these items away and out of reach, but he keeps finding them. So far, no sickness has occurred from eating crayons, and no injury has come from the pencils. I believe he has his own personal angel watching out for him. All children must have one to survive these dangerous years. Somehow, the other kids have survived, so I have hope Zach will follow suit.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Crayons are non-toxic and the poop is fun colored. I say let him eat them!