Sunday, November 2, 2008

Scary Halloween!

Halloween can be frightening for many reasons. This year, it was my husband's costume. Halloween morning he tells me he should dress up for work and could I go get him a gray wig and he will be an old woman. So off I go with a many other people for last minute costumes and there are no gray wigs left, but there is a beautiful blond wig. So I return home to turn Tom into a woman. We even had to add a purse so he would have someplace to put his keys and cell phone. He was a good sport and had fun going into salons (work) and making all the women laugh. Luckily, none of them offered him a wax for his chin hairs :). Our children didn't enjoy it quite as much. Brianna locked herself in the bathroom amidst tears and insisted on remaining there until daddy was a boy again. Needless to say, he didn't stay in costume for trick-or-treating. I thought I was going to lose mom when she saw him. So here is our "scary" Halloween picture.


The kids all had a great Halloween and we are still feeling the effects of too much candy. They each got to choose their own costumes. I was glad the two older kids chose football players because they can now wear their new shirts to school. The younger kids still enjoy dress up, so they will use their costumes again.

6 comments:

Cori said...

Cute Halloween costumes, and we'll be looking for Tom's show on the Vegas strip. :)

Leslie said...

Maybe he should wear that outfit to visit the family this week. He could win the "who's changed the most" prize at his high school reunion! I love that husband of yours, he's the best.

Blair Bagley said...

Wow...wow.You look good Tom.

mnz said...

Tom looks a little TOO good! HA HA HA

Dedee said...

Oh my heavens. I'm laughing my head of at the picture. That is truly frightening.

Allison said...

Holy cow! Tom kinds resembles Mimi from the Drew Carey show! He just needs a little more blue eye shadow ;) What a hoot!