So we just returned from California where we attended Tom's 20th High School Reunion. He hasn't kept in touch with anybody from High School, so it was very interesting to reconnect after so many years. He was pleasantly surprised to find that there were many people he wanted to see again that happened to be there. He also found that many people had wanted to reconnect with him. I was the outsider watching all that happened. 20 years makes a big difference. What was so important in high school, just wasn't important anymore. The best athlete, the cutest cheerleader, the richest, or smartest.... Much of that was out the window. I was quite surprised at how many people were on their second marriage, or relationship, with blended families being the norm. The two parts of the reunion occurred at a football game, and at a very loud club, so visiting was difficult, but still enjoyable. There was much to talk about with 20 years to catch up on. It made me look back to high school and college and appreciate all of the people who helped me through those journeys, and the friendships that have remained through the years. Thank you friends!
3 comments:
You might not think it matters, but I think that your still the cutest cheerleader I have ever known ;)
Thanks Leslie. I would believe your generous comment if I had ever been a cheerleader, let alone a cute one :)
Well, at least the cute part fits.
You're welcome and thanks back at ya!
Post a Comment