Thursday, November 13, 2008
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet? How much longer? I'm hungry! Mikinna's touching me! Brianna looked at me! Tyler's being annoying! David is sleeping on me! And through it all, Zach alternated between sleeping and yelling. 5 children and two adults really shouldn't have to spend the better part of a week driving. But we all survived. It brought back some memories of vacations as a child. I remember laying on the floor of the van so I could read without getting carsick, and so brothers couldn't be mean to me. That's not allowed anymore (seat belts at all times). There is a wonderful invention that saved us - portable DVD players. And Redbox, where we could choose new movies to watch during the next leg of the trip. We also found the laptop loaded with games helped when we were visiting at another home without children or toys. The kids had their moments, but did well overall. Now I am facing the huge task of getting everything unpacked and returned to it's place and 12 loads of laundry to fold and put away. But the good news is, the kids get to sleep in their own rooms, and not in the same room as me. No more cable, means no more SpongeBob Square Pants!!! I get my own bed, and when the kids all go to school, there just may be a semblance of peace. I could use that. I'm on noise overload! There's no place like home...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment