Sunday, May 3, 2009

Police car and eyeglasses


Our adorable 1-year-old Zachary brings laughter into our home on a daily basis. Unfortunately, he has now added the honor of bringing the police to our home as well. He has managed to call 9-1-1 twice in the last couple of weeks. The first time we heard the phone beeping and hung it up and the dispatcher called us right back to see if there was an emergency. The second time, we didn't catch it and he was still "playing" with the phone when one of the kids told Tom that there was a police officer at the front door. OOPS!!! Luckily, the officer saw Zach walking around with the phone and believed Tom when he said it was an accident. He did, however, take down our information and I don't think it would be a good thing if it happened again. We are trying really hard to put the phones up really high after we use them. Anyone who has tried to call me probably knows that I rarely get to the phone in the required 3 rings. I have an awful habit of laying the phone down wherever I last used it, and then can't find it in time when it rings again. So that explains how Zachary gets the phones all time. If only I could explain how he manages to dial 9, 1, 1 and turn the phone on. . .

David has mentioned several times over the past month or two that he can't see far away very well. So I finally took him to the eye doctor last week, and he will now be joining the ranks of "Those Who Wear Glasses" in our house. Mikinna got her glasses last August at which time David passed his eye exam just fine. The doctor said this age is a common one to see eye changes occur. I wonder why that could be?... I guess that means the other 3 have a fairly good chance of having the same eye problems as Tom and I. Don't you just love genetics? Thank goodness for vision insurance!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

We were hoping that because my prescription is -5.50 diopters and Quinns is +5.50 diopters that our kids would luck out and end up with perfect vision right in the middle! But really how likely is that?

Cori said...

Love your updates! All our kids are doomed to glasses too, so I'm right there with ya. Way to go David! And I am glad Mikinna is OK!

mnz said...

Parker has glasses too! They are connected once again. =)