Saturday, March 7, 2009

Family Fun

We had a fun family afternoon this week. Right after school we drove to Draper and got to walk through the new LDS temple that will be dedicated in a couple of weeks. My kids have never had this experience, and it was a great one. Both girls have decided they want to get married in that temple because "it is so beautiful and the chandelier is huge". There was a wonderful feeling throughout the experience, and I think our children were impacted in a great way. I love being close to a temple, many of them in fact. And I'm so glad more and more people are getting a temple "close" by. Before Tom and I were married 13 years ago, there were 40 temples throughout the world. And now we're nearing 130. That is just amazing to me!


So in true fashion of life with kids, even a great spiritual experience has to have some humor.
On the bus going back to our van, the following conversation took place.
Brianna "Can I get married in this temple, or does the boy get to choose?"
Me "Both of you will probably decide together, but he'll probably let you choose."
David "So does that mean I have to get married wherever the girl wants to?" (said with a scowl)
Tom "If you're smart you will!"

While I was laughing at that, I heard the people behind us chuckle, then whisper. I then heard quite a bit of laughter from the group behind them. I think Tom does a great job of teaching our children the most important lessons in life.

1 comment:

mnz said...

It really is a blessing to walk through a Temple with children for the first time. And you really do have a great husband that teaches very important lessons. David will be a great husband when the time comes!

Miss you guys!
Jackie