Monday, May 9, 2011

Misc, Mother's Day, and lots of pics



So, these are going to be in random order, because I always manage to upload them that way, and it's too big of a pain to switch them all around :) Someday I'll figure this all out...Love this picture because Zach is in the background blowing out the candles, too.Brianna doing the long jump at the Hershey Track meet. Then she got to come home early and Zach took full advantage of having his big sister around and they read stories for awhile. :)This is my Mother's day booklet from Tyler. I laughed and almost cried when I read it, so I had to share. He was amazingly accurate on how he answered the questions (except for the 4 ft tall and 100 pounds, too bad on that one).
For my birthday and Mother's day, the gifts were all garden themed. For my birthday I got light-up butterflies and decorations for my garden. I also got tickets to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving point. So Saturday (after being at a dance competition all day), Tom and I took off.

I had heard of the festival and always wanted to go. It was beautiful and amazing. After snow, rain, lots of clouds, and limited sunny days, the weather was perfect; sun with a slight breeze.

Tom and I spent 2 1/2 hours exploring, taking pictures, sitting on the soft grass and relaxing. Perfect.

So while it was a birthday gift, it was the night before Mother's day and set the tone for a great weekend. Dinner followed and we returned home to a CLEAN house.

Tom and the kids spoiled me all day mother's day with relaxing, a clean house, no fighting, and more garden stuff. What a wonderful week! Thanks family :)

Mikinna joined a before-school orchestra for 6th grade. A couple of weeks ago, all of the 6th graders in the district that were part of this program joined together for a "Monster Concert". Lots of fun and amazing how far they've come with just a couple of hours a week. She had decided she wanted to switch to trumpet next year, but she enjoyed the concert so much, that she's switched back to violin.




This is what happens when we leave Mikinna in charge. Zach gets to be dressed up in some sort of gangster look, and Mikinna goes crazy with the camera. This time she got a couple of really cute shots.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I can't decide what I love the most the gangsta pics of Zach, the photo of you and Tom or the "risk my life" comment from Tyler! What a cute family. So glad you are part of my family :)

Cori said...

Love all the pics. Thanks for sharing. Miss you guys!