So it all began with a little extra tug on the curtains. After almost 11 years of living in this house, the big, pink, dusty, old curtains, fell out of the wall. With nothing to save strangers from seeing through three rooms of our house, I talked Tom into letting me rip out the curtains and I put in new wood mini blinds. It looked beautiful, sunny, fresh! I posted on facebook how much I loved the new look and how I wanted to redo so many other things. A friend told us you could get paint for way cheap at the ReStore (sells donated building supplies to raise money for Habitat for Humanity). So $20 later, we had a 5 gallon bucket of paint. Finally, the huge holes in the wallpaper would be gone! There was a big one you would see right in front of you when you walked through the door. It has been there since we've moved in and I had to cover the worst of it up with a blanket, for 10 years!
David took a picture as we got started. You can see the peeled wallpaper below the window.

So, after a week of scraping wallpaper, patching, texturing, and painting, we had a whole new room! That was a month ago. I've slowly been adding more touches, while trying to stick to a budget. Actually, there wasn't a budget, since none of this was planned, but I have tried to reuse as much as possible. Same pictures, with a new saying on the wall. Same door curio door, with several panes of glass replaced (proud of figuring that out on my own. I'm fixing the last pane of glass in the front door this afternoon).

Looked all over at new lamps, and found I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money. So with some Christmas money, Tom helped pick out a new clock. New picture frames and a new lamp shade help tie it all in together. And a pink chair in my delightfully neutral room? Nope, it's moved and I found a used chair for $45 for the corner. I think I'll add something else to the wall in time, but I'm going to wait for a bit.
So thank you Tyler, for ripping off the ugly curtains, because I now have a whole new room that I love!
2 comments:
wow the house looks great!! congrats on your "new" room
That looks AMAZING! Quinn and I are stunned at how different it looks! I can't wait to see it in person.
Post a Comment